Consultations launched for applications for authorisation and review reports
ECHA have launched consultations on six applications for authorisation and three review reports covering 12 uses of:
- chromium VI compounds used for passivation of electrolytic tinplate (ETP); etching and electroplating; and in functional chrome plating;
- sodium dichromate used as mordant in wool dyeing with dark colours;
- 1,2-dichloroethane (EDC) used as a swelling agent during the sulphonation reaction of polystyrene-divinylbenzene copolymer beads in the manufacturing of strong acid cation exchange resins; as a solvent for the synthesis of polyepichlorohydrin used as a precursor in the production of glycidyl azide polymer;
- 4,4'-methylenebis[2-chloroaniline] used in the manufacture of high-performance polyurethanes specifically for custom-made rollers with high reliability requirements;
- 4-(1,1,3,3-tetramethylbutyl)phenol, ethoxylated used in aqueous buffers during the manufacturing process of the active pharmaceutical ingredient of the veterinary vaccine.
More information about the uses that authorisation is applied for, including the description of the function of the substance, exposure scenarios, possible alternatives identified by the applicants, together with socio-economic information, is available online.
The deadline for comments is the 13rd of January 2021.